International Retirement Plans – a Unique Offering
St. James Global has been working with various overseas trustees for many years and offer bespoke structures designed specifically for the South African resident who wishes to invest funds offshore, using their current offshore allowance, or as a vehicle to consolidate existing offshore assets with considerable tax and cost benefits.
The Offshore Retirement Trust is a financial plan that allows you to retire at a time and in a manner preferable to you. This effectively means that you can choose where and when you wish to retire, with a level of income that meets your requirements, and at an age that suits you. It provides you with a flexible tax efficient retirement, estate and succession planning vehicle.
The offshore retirement plan is classed as an international retirement plan for Guernsey Income Tax purposes, providing retirement or savings benefits for you and your named beneficiaries.
Benefits for SA Residents
An increasing number of specialist offshore trustees are offering offshore domiciled personal retirement plans as an attractive alternative to discretionary trusts for investors who wish to secure their long-term financial future and for retirement planning.
These retirement plans are ideal structures for South African residents who wish to consolidate assets offshore, either by way of their offshore investment allowance or existing assets/investments held offshore.
The Offshore Retirement Plan gives you the opportunity to create a foreign pension that can potentially hold foreign property and any other financial asset in virtually any jurisdiction, with significant planning benefits for you, your family and future heirs.
- To hold the current export allowance of ZAR 10 million per annum.
- To hold assets in a major currency and invest in multi currency investments throughout the world.
- Transfers from existing offshore trusts.
- Transfers of existing life policies.
- To hold assets of immigrants moving to South Africa.
- To hold assets of emigrants leaving South Africa.
* Disclaimer: Although the application of the plan is based upon our understanding of the current laws and practices, they might be subject to change and St. James Global cannot be held responsible for the interpretation of or any future changes to the laws or practices relating to Retirement Annuity Trusts in Guernsey.